The Boat Club takes the hassle and expense out of boat ownership. We handle the hard work, and all you have to do is show up and enjoy the boats. As a Boat Club member, your family and guests have access to our fleet of luxurious ski boats and pontoon boats. You also have access to the resort’s water toys and gear, including lifejackets, water skis, tubes, wakeboards, and kneeboards.
All The Benefits Without All The Hassle
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Boat Club?The Carlton Landing Boat Club is a private, members-only club, much like a golf or tennis club. For approximately a third of the cost of owning a boat, you will enjoy access to a fleet of luxury watercraft. The Club boats are for the exclusive use of Club Members, their family and invited guests. Club Members have unlimited access to the Club boats subject to the Boat Club’s reservation policies. Also, as a member of the Boat Club, we provide all the water toys – complimentary wakeboards, kneeboards, tubes, skis and life-jackets. You just show up to share priceless memories with your family and friends, and our staff will handle the rest.
What are the advantages to Boat Club membership compared to owning a boat directly?#1 – Membership in the Boat Club SAVES YOU MONEY.
Owning a boat is an expensive proposition! First, consider the cost to purchase a new boat, trailer, and boat lift. Then, add the annual expenses including slip rental, storage fees, seasonal maintenance, insurance, registration, tags and taxes. And don’t forget the costs to equip your vessel – life-jackets, wakeboards, skis, tubes, anchors, bumpers, tag lines, covers, etc. Altogether, the costs are daunting! Conversely, membership in the Boat Club costs less than 1/3 the cost of boat ownership.
#2 – Membership in the Boat Club GIVES YOU OPTIONS.
Say you want to teach your child or grandchild how to ski. Great – make a reservation for a luxury Cobalt 200 ski boat and you’ve got the best ski water on Lake Eufaula right outside your front door. But then the next day, you hear that the sand bass are schooling and it’s time to grab your rig and hit the lake. So you reserve a Harris 220 FloteBote with the upgraded fishing package. You’ve got the GPS, depthfinder and livewell just waiting for you.
#3 – Membership in the Boat Club means YOU HAVE MORE TIME and LESS HASSLE.
The best part of membership in the Boat Club is the ease of use. Our professional staff stands ready to take care of your needs. They handle the boat maintenance, seasonal care of the equipment, and will always present you with a clean boat in good condition with a charged battery, a straight prop and a stocked ice chest.
What are the differences in the membership levels?
- Admiral – This membership level is exclusively available to owners of real property in Carlton Landing. This top tier member has access to all boats and may schedule reservations at any time within the boat club season and is guaranteed one (1) reservation per day, subject to the requisite 48 hour notice. The cost for this membership level is $8,250 per year.
- Commodore – This next tier member has access to all boats and may schedule reservations up to one hundred eighty (180) days in advance. Commodores may have up to twelve (12) reservations in the system at any given time. An unlimited amount of reservations may be made within fifteen (15) days of the reservation date. The cost for this membership level is $4,500 per year.
- Captain – This second tier member has access to all boats and may schedule reservations up to sixty (60) days in advance. Captains may have up to six (6) reservations in the system at any given time. An unlimited amount of reservations may be made within fifteen (15) days of the reservation date. The cost for this membership level is $3,750 per year.
- Commander – For those who enjoy the lake best away from the holiday crowds, this membership is for you. Commanders have access to all boats and may schedule reservations up to thirty (30) days in advance. Commanders may schedule up to six (6) reservations at a time. An unlimited amount of reservations may be made within fifteen (15) days of the reservation date. The cost for this membership level is $3,000 per year.
What types of memberships are available?
- Individual Membership –Persons with an Individual Membership, as evidenced by the execution of this Agreement, are entitled to all the rights and privileges of the Boat Club subject to all reasonable rules and regulations and terms of this Agreement.
- Family Membership – Persons who are in the immediate family of an Individual Member, that is, spouses and children [between the ages of twenty-one (21) and twenty-five (25)] shall be entitled to the rights and privileges of that membership subject to all reasonable rules and regulations and this Agreement. Under the Family Membership, access and reservations for the Boats may be granted to any qualified family member who is also qualified to operate a Boat under this Agreement.
- Household Membership – Persons who are owners of record of real property within Carlton Landing may join as a Household Membership. In such event, up to five (5) signers who are owners of that household or immediate family that are in residence on the reservation date (adult child, brother, sister, mother, father, aunt, uncle, and/or first cousins) shall be entitled to the rights and privileges of membership subject to all reasonable rules and regulations and this Agreement. Owners of separate households within Carlton Landing or owners of a single household outside of Carlton Landing do not qualify for the Household Membership.
How do I reserve a boat?Reservations are scheduled using our online reservation system available through the login on the Boat Club home page. Members are given a username and password. Reservations are revolving. As soon as you use or cancel one reservation, you have the opportunity to create a new reservation. In addition, you are not limited to the amount of times you may use a boat.
What if I want to make a reservation with less than 48 hours' notice?48 hours’ notice is required for online reservations. However, if you would like to reserve a boat with less than 48 hours’ notice, please visit the boat dock and speak with a member of the Boat Club Staff.
What hours are the boats available?Season hours are from May 15th to September 15th (dates and hours are subject to change)
Weekends and Holidays
- Morning Outing – 4 hour blocks starting at 8:00am to 9:00am and concluding at 12:00pm to 1p, depending on the boat.
- Afternoon Outing – 4 hour blocks starting at 12:30pm to 1:30pm and concluding at 4:30pm to 5:30pm, depending on the boat.
- Evening Outing – starting at 5:00pm to 6:00pm and concluding at 9:00pm to dusk, depending on the boat.
- Full day outing available – schedule with the dock master.
Note: No boat may be reserved after the latest evening return time or overnight. We reserve the right to cancel reservations due to any just cause or inclement weather at any time.
How do I know I will be guaranteed a boat/how difficult is it to get a boat?It’s been shown that boat clubs have been able to accommodate 97%+ of all boat reservation requests. The earlier you make your reservation (convenient online reservation system you control), the more likely you’ll get your boat of choice.
What are the contract terms?Each contract expires on March 31 and must be renewed online prior to March 31 each year.
What if I have little to no experience in operating a boat?No problem! We require and provide all boaters, experienced and inexperienced, boat safety training, including instruction on the water. We will gladly stay with you until you are comfortable operating the various boats of the fleet (one boat is not equal to another).
What type of insurance is provided or do members provide their own coverage?As a club member you are covered under the club’s insurance policy.
Are there any hidden expenses?Members are responsible for dues, fuel, and all damage repairs to boats and/or equipment.
May we visit the operation and see the boats?Absolutely! Tours are strongly encouraged or stop by the dock for a visit. We’d love the opportunity to share more about the Club with you. Please call Dusty Keener at 918.470.7133 to schedule a tour or find out more information.
Is there a limit on the number of times per year you can boat?No, we encourage you to get out on the water as often as your schedule allows.
Who can I bring with me on a boat?Anybody, as long as a member is on board.
To learn more about the Carlton Landing Boat Club, just call or email Dusty Keener, our Boat Club Manager. He’ll be happy to sign you up, show you the ropes and get you out on the water!
Dusty Keener, Boat Club Manager